Friday, May 15, 2009
Oh my, I'm honoured...
The lovely Sandra of Pepperberry & co. fame has given me an award called "The Awe-summm blog award". This is ace, my first blog award!
I have to list 7 things that make me awe-summm and pass it along to another 7 "awe-summm" blogging people...
Ok here goes my list:
1. I'll give anything a go at least once
I have jumped from the top of a rickety old boat into the water somewhere off the coast of Thailand once before even though I have a morbid fear of deep water.
2. I'm a bit of a crazy scientist/craftist
I guess the "crazy" part is because most of the time my craft experiments fail. However, I know that one day I'll get on top of it all and hit on a winner!
3. I like making up games
I get bored easily and I try to make up silly games to play all the time. Like who can do the best Alison Duboir "waking up" impression (you know the show, Medium?). It helps when you have an obliging husband.
4. I'll buy whatever you're selling
I was talked into trying out for the Australian Army reserves when I was 18 by a friend. Lucky for me I didn't get in. Well, lucky for Australia too really.
I also signed up to a couple of things from door to door salespeople. Lucky I'm rarely at home during the day.
5. I can cook
At least I think I can.
6. I'm hard on the outside, soft on the inside
My sister often tells me I have a scathing wit but I also cry during Oprah too. I've also closed the door on some door to door salespeople when they wouldn't shut up...
7. I'm persistent
See point 2.
I have decided to tag these 7 awesome people:
1. Munaluna cos I love her work
2. Leah cos she makes nice skirts and knits cool stuff
3. Cath cos she makes nice softies
4. Sally cos she organised the first swap I ever participated in and it was so much fun
5. Lara Brehm cos I love the colours she uses in her textiles. Not to be confused with Lara Cameron whom you are all familiar with, I have no doubt.
6. Abigail cos she makes beautiful jewellery
7. Sarasophia cos her blog makes me smile